The online service to create and print plant passports
With a few clicks, you can use “EU Plant Passport Online” to create your Plant Passport in accordance with the EU Regulation (2016/2031 and 2017/2313) and print it out via your browser. Simply choose a matching print layout from the preconfigured adhesive, stake or wrap-around labels, enter the country of origin and traceability code, and print it out on your existing laser printer or thermal transfer printer. The Online EU Plant Passport service is provided in cooperation with Mediaform Informationssysteme GmbH.
The benefits you gain through the “EU Plant Passport Online”
You can use our online service to conveniently print your EU plant passports via the Internet. This will speed up your workflows and will structure your deliveries in a legally secure way:
- maximum availability – you can print your plant passports around the clock
- maximum overview – access to more than 48,000 botanical names, pests and protected areas
- minimum requirements – do you have Internet access and a printer? Perfect, you need nothing more!
- minimum cost – no software installation on your PC is necessary
Your EU Plant Passport tool for only EUR 7.99 per month (plus VAT)
Download our order form, complete it and fax or mail it to us - we will take care of everything else. We are available on +49 (0)40 - 727 360 - 72 if you have any questions or need assistance.
You need a PDF viewer, e.g. Adobe, for correct presentation.
Using the Multipass function
The Multipass function allows you to create an EU Plant Passport with several plant names. Thanks to this function, trading parties with mixed plantings can for the first time declare via an EU Plant Passport in compliance with the standard – e.g. herb bowls, plant buckets and mixed pots.
The number of plant names that can be printed on a single plant passport differs, and depends on the chosen plant passport format.
Here’s how it works:
- Step : Choose a print layout as a template.
- Step : Enter the traceability code and country of origin.
- Step : Select the first plant for the EU Plant Passport.
- Step : Activate the Multipass function by clicking on the Plus icon (in the print list).
- Step : Select additional plants that are to be added to the existing EU Plant Passport.
A look at the online service
1. Your EU Plant Passport login – create plant passports easily and conveniently through the Internet, and print them out. You will receive your login data with the confirmation of your order.
2. Via the selection, you have access to 48,000 botanical names, pests and protected areas. Simply choose the print layout, enter plants into the print list, add your traceability code and print.
3. Depending on the print layout, your EU Plant Passport will be displayed as a PDF file to download and for printing. Next you simply print out on your laser printer or thermal transfer printer and save the PDF data as evidence – job done!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the EU Plant Passport Online
How can I order the “EU Plant Passport Online” service?
To order EU Plant Passport Online, download the order form on this page or under Order Form. Complete it by entering your order data, and send it by Fax (Fax no. +49 (0)40 - 72 73 60 - 415) or by E-mail to email@example.com to the contact data given here.
How much does “EU Plant Passport Online” cost?
A subscription to EU Plant Passport Online costs EUR 7.99 per month or EUR 95.88 per year, plus VAT. After you have ordered, you will receive a written confirmation of order, giving all the information. The order confirmation is always issued for twelve (12) months, and is invoiced in advance.
What advantages are offered by “EU Plant Passport Online”?
The online service enables the easy creation and printing out of EU Plant Passports to comply with EU Plant Health Regulations Regulation (EU) 2016/2031 on protective measures against plant pests. According to these, from 14 December 2019 onwards, pot plants, plant products, seeds and certain other plants must carry an official label. This plant passport label must contain the information required by the EU to ensure traceability regarding the origin of the plants.
Can I print directly from “EU Plant Passport Online”?
As an online service, EU Plant Passport Online provides you with the EU Plant Passports you have created in PDF format. You then decide the printer on which you want to print out the plant passports. There are no limitations regarding printers. Thus you can drive any desired number of printers. For each selected print layout, you will receive a PDF file displayed in the browser. To display it correctly, you need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader, which you can download free of charge (https://get.adobe.com/de/reader/).
Do I need a colour printer to create the new EU Plant Passport?
No, any plant passport can also be printed out in black/white.
Where do I obtain the print material?
From Güse GmbH you can buy compliant plant passport labels (adhesive labels, wrap-around labels, stake labels) as compatible blank labels to print yourself on laser printers and thermal transfer printers.
Which print materials and formats are stored in the software?
To obtain a high-quality, durable printing result, we have stored in the software compatible formats and materials for laser printers and thermal transfer printers.
If you have print material designed in a comparable way available, you may also be able to achieve an accurately registered print result. A customer cannot supplement his own print formats.
On how many machines can I use “EU Plant Passport Online”?
EU Plant Passport Online is accessible via the Internet using any current Internet browser. Based on the licence, however, you can only access EU Plant Passport Online with one machine at a time.
Forgotten the password – What can I do?
We also know that problem. This is what you can do:
- 1. Click on “Forgotten Password” on the login page.
- 2. Enter your user name which you received from us, and click on “Send E-mail”.
- 3. Click on “Define Password” in the E-mail, and enter a new password.
Recommended operating systems and Browsers
There are no access problems on desktop devices. We recommend the following operating systems and browsers:
- Windows 8.1: Chrome 70+, Firefox 63+
- Windows 10: Chrome 70+, Firefox 63+, Edge17+
- Mac OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) onwards: Safari 11+, Chrome 70+, Firefox 63+
Compatible plant passport labels in the Güse shop
Does the EU Regulation affect you? Then you should integrate the additional identification labelling step into your business operation in good time. You can buy compliant plant passport labels from Güse – optionally pre-printed with the European Union original emblem in Pantone colours (blue/yellow), or as compatible blank labels to print yourself.
Compatible label printers to print plant passports
As a supplier of innovative complete solutions, Güse also offers compatible label printers. Depending on your preferred printing application, we can supply you with thermal transfer and laser label printers from high-quality brands, e.g. Primas, Bixolon, OKI and TSC.